We provide assessments and advice for Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD specialist services and support include
- Dyslexia, assessments and diagnosis for children, students, employees and adults
- Assessments for Dyspraxia, ADHD and Autistic Spectrum conditions
- Full reports containing advice and recommendations for education and employment purposes.
- Support for understanding and managing dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD and autistic spectrum conditions
- Advice for teachers for inclusive learning and individual education and learning plans
- Exam access arrangements, DSA and workplace adjustments related to the Equality Act
- Assessments provided in our consulting rooms in Bristol, York, and London or in schools and workplaces
- We provide expert witness services and reports for tribunals and the courts
Dyslexia in children
Dyslexia primarily affects the ability to learn to read and to spell. However it is a complex condition and some children have difficulties with getting their thoughts into sequence and producing written work.
Dyslexia in students
Students with Dyslexia may experience difficulties with literacy, and personal organisation or study skills. Some students need different kinds of support once they reach a higher level of study.
Dyslexia at work
We see many adults who have been through school not realising that they have dyslexia or another specific learning difficulty such as dyspraxia. We find that an assessment helps people to understand the reason behind their struggles over the years. Assessment is therefore a very positive experience and puts an individual in greater charge of their learning. It also helps adults to make decision about how to mange work and life.
Dyslexia was recognised under the Disability Discrimination Act in 1995 an is still specifically mentioned in the Equality Act (2010). This means that educational and workplace settings have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that those affected by dyslexia are not disadvantaged.